One of the hottest professions that has the brightest future as a career is Data science and Data scientist. Data science is used in almost all fields from small businesses to large institutes. As more people are understanding the value of data in a business, the need for data scientists is increasing. If you want to expand your career in Data science, but don’t have the time to travel or have no convenience, then there are plenty of Data science courses online available. This blog article will inform you about the top 10 data science courses online.
Following are the Top Data Science Courses Online:
1. Data Science Courses Online by Henry Harvin :
Henry Harvin offers Data Science courses Online that enable students to gain the skills needed in real-world projects. The classes are designed in a more practical and is easy-to-understand for students. A combination of theory, computation, and practical application is provided. This data science course is one of the signature training provided by Henry Harvin. This course material from Henry Harvin is designed by keeping the current trends in mind and the most relevant material.
Fees: INR 15,000/.
Duration: 40-Hours of Live Virtual Training
Projects covered: HR, Sales, Multi Domain, Marketing, Finance, and Financial Analysis
Tools covered: Excel, Python, SQL
Highlights of the Course:
- 100% practical training along with practical experience
- Internship and placement assistance
- Training offered by Industry experts
- CDS Certification after completion of the course
- Access to Learning Management Portal and monthly brushup sessions
- Access to study materials and all the class recordings will be given.
2. Data Science Nanodegree Programs by Udacity:
This course helps you get real-world data science experience by working on industry experts’ designed projects. It will help the candidates to become successful data scientists. It offers many nano degree programs in the field of data science. These courses are there for both beginners and experienced candidates. Whether it is to learn python or data analytics, there are separate programs for each specialization from which students can choose according to their needs.
|Data Scientist Nanodegree program||4 months – 10 hours/week||Rs. 22,849 per month or Rs. 77,676 for 4 months||Python, SQL, and Statistics|
|Programming for Data Science with Python||3 months – 10 hours/week||Rs. 22,849 per month or Rs. 68,547 for 3 months||Anyone can learn. Basic computer and English knowledge will be helpful|
|Programming for Data Science with R||3 months – 10 hours/week||Rs. 22,849 per month or Rs. 68,547 for 3 months||Anyone can learn. Basic computer and English knowledge will be helpful|
3. Data Science Specialization by JHU at Coursera:
This course will help you to specialize in every skill that is needed to master Data science. It is one of the most preferred Data Science Courses Online. Hands-on projects are helpful for the students to learn this course. Along with that, students can learn this course according to their flexible timings. This course is a combination of 10 data science courses in this specialization. Practice quizzes, peer grades assignments, and feedback will be provided from time to time.
- Fees: Rs. 2604 per month
- Duration: This can take up to 1 to 6 months depending on the time one spends on this course per day. It can also take 11 months to complete if you dedicate at least one hour per day every day.
- Prerequisites: Beginner-level experience in Python and familiarity with regression
- Language: The course videos will be in English. However, subtitles are available in some languages such as Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
4. Micromasters Program in Statistics and Data Science by MIT at edX:
Micromaster is a series of graduate-level courses that helps learners to advance their career in Data Science. It helps in deep learning and learning the most-demand skills at present. This course is a combination of four courses and completing all the courses is essential to earn the certification. It will help you to learn the fundamental concepts of data science and statistics.
- Fees: Rs. 1,23,654/.
- Duration: 1 year 2 months at 10 to 14 hours per week
- Prerequisites: Anyone can learn this course. However, knowledge of mathematical reasoning and python programming is preferred.
Benefits of doing this course:
- University credits will be given to students for completing this course.
- An opportunity to learn a Doctoral at MIT university will be given once we complete this course.
- It is an advanced course and can be considered part of a master’s degree program.
Job opportunities after completing this course:
- Data scientist
- Data analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- System Analyst
- Data engineer
5. Professional Certificate in Data Science by Harvard University at edX:
This course covers all the fundamentals of R Programming skills. The course helps students to gain basic knowledge and all the necessary skills. After completing this course, you will be able to tackle real-world analytics challenges. It consists of 9 skill-building courses. Real-world case studies are included in each course and are helpful to gain practical hands-on experience. R software environment is used throughout the course.
- Fees: Rs. 81,694/.
- Duration: 1 year 5 months at 2 to 3 hours per week
- Prerequisite: Nr prerequisite is needed for this course
6. Data Science and Machine Learning Program at Scaler:
This course by Scaler is one of the best data science courses online. This course offers live classes and the opportunity to work on industry projects. Along with that, one-to-one mentorship sessions are also available. And the best thing about the course is it provides placement assistance as well. Their students are working in big corporates such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Samsung, etc. The projects offered are from top companies that help students to work on real-time projects.
- Fees: EMI starts at Rs.9811 per month. You can get refunded the money within two weeks in case you don’t like the course
- Duration: 11 to 14 months depending on your level
- Pre-requisite: Knowledge of basic 9th and 10th maths is needed. The basics of coding and programming will be covered in the course itself.
7. IBM Data Science Professional Certificate at edX:
This course consists totally of 10-skill building courses. After learning this course, you will be able to apply the knowledge and skills of data science in completing and submitting reports. While learning itself, you will be able to learn various tools that are used by data scientists.
- Fees: Rs. 79,963/.
- Duration: 1 year at 3 to 6 hours per week
- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of mathematics and statistics
8. Introduction to Data Science by Metis:
This course is mostly like a Bootcamp session that will help you to master the concepts in data science. You will be able to learn skills and at the same time make connections with data science experts from the industry. Totally, 5 projects are available and after graduation, a dedicated career week is available for learners to get placement. Also, career support is given till the students get placed and the total course duration is 20 weeks.
9. Applied Data Science with Python Specialization by UMich at Coursera:
This course helps you to learn the skills and methods of data science, especially in analysis. There is a total of 5 courses in this specialization by the University of Michigan. The learners can learn this course through the python programming language. It is a specialization based on developing the skills of individuals.
- Fees: 5 months at 7 hours per week
- Duration: Total fee is Rs.7812/ or Rs.2604 per month. EMI options are also available
- Prerequisites: Basic python or programming background
10. Machine Learning, Data Science, and Deep Learning with Python – Udemy:
This course offered by udemy offers a full hands-on experience with its video tutorials. Learners will learn about data science, TensorFlow, artificial intelligence, and neural networks. Prior to coding and scripting knowledge, high school math skills are needed. It will cover everything in machine learning and data science. The course contains over 100 lectures with a video duration of 15 hours.
Most of the courses mentioned in this blog article helps in acquiring skills and knowledge and are helpful in solving real-world problems. Both specialized courses and general courses are mentioned and one has to choose the most relevant course for self. Learning a data science course will help you to broaden your career prospects. There have to be no excuses for not learning this course which is beneficial in many ways.
- Top 10 Content Writing Courses in India: 2022
- 20 Best Edtech Companies in India: 2022
- Top 10 Digital Marketing Courses in India: 2022
- Top 10 Books on Creative Writing in 2022
The pandemic has changed everything online. So doing the best certification is essential no matter whether it is online or offline.
There are a lot of job opportunities and scopes for completing the data science course online. However, choosing a good specialization will be helpful.
Many of the courses mentioned in the blog offer the courses for free but getting a certificate and participating in graded quizzes and assignments is not possible when you are doing the course for free.
Henry Harvin’s data science course is one of the best data science courses online that offers many benefits.
First, understand your level and what you want to learn. Then choose the course keeping in mind your flexibility of timings and affordability.