German is the second most spoken language in Europe – Opt for the German language courses online
Are you planning for higher education or have got a job offer in any of the European countries recently? Knowing German might be convenient in this case. It is because this language has the largest number of native speakers in the European Union. An authentic online German language course from a reputed institute might help you master this foreign language well.
Why opt for a German language course online?
Availing of a German language course online can be beneficial for you if you lack time for travelling and going to the institution, which might be situated far off from your residence. There might be a scarcity of quality training at your place also.
Benefits of German language courses online
- You can do it anytime and from anywhere. This means you can do the online classes sitting in the comfort zone of your home and in your own free time or at a time that you find most suitable.
- These online courses are primarily self-paced. This means it is designed to suit your learning pace.
- Online courses in the German language offer live online interactive classes as well as pre-recorded tutorials that help you grasp the subject well. Moreover, you will get constant support from specialised tutors whenever you needed.
Many reputed institutions like Henry Harvin offers self-paced German language course online. Such a course might be a suitable option for you in this case. Apart from Henry Harvin, there are other institutions that offer German language courses online that are designed to fit your schedule, learning pace and short, medium and long-term goals. Let’s explore some of them.
1. Henry Harvin Education
Why choosing Henry Harvin Education for a German language course online will be best for you?
Henry Harvin is one of the most reputed institutions in the Edu-tech industry in India and across the globe. This course is recognised for providing the best platform for the German Language Course.
Key Features of the course
- The course is designed to comprehend topics and lexis
- The modules cover grammatical concepts needed to enhance your proficiency in the German language.
- They will assist you in spoken and written German language
- Learning the language from the experts of Henry Harvin Education will help you excel in important German Language Exams such as DSH, the TestDaF, Goethe- Institut Examinations
Recognitions achieved worldwide:-
- Winner of Top Corporate Training Award
- Game-Based Learning Company of the under 40 Business World Award
- Affiliated with the American Association of EFL, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, MSME, UKAF, UKCert, Project Management Institute (PMI), and ISO 29990:2010 certified
9 in 1 German language course by Henry Harvin Education
There will be two-way Live Online Interactive Classroom Sessions for several levels (A1: 56 hours, A2: 56 hours, B1: 66 hours, B2: 66 hours, C1: 66 hours, C2: 66 hours)
Projects in German Language and Implementation available to students for practice and learning
Internship assistance provided by language experts to gain experiential knowledge of the German Language
Get Certification of German Language Training Course from Henry Harvin®, Govt of India recognized & Award-Winning Institute
100% Placement Guarantee prop up for 1-Year post successful completion
You will get access to Tools and Techniques, video content, assessments, etc.
Access to 52+ Masterclass Sessions for essential soft skill development
Free Access to #AskHenry Hackathons and Competitions
- Gold Membership:-
Get 1-Year Gold Membership of Henry Harvin® Language Academy for the German language Training Course
Fee structure of the course
|Level||Duration||Course Fee||Goethe Institut Exam Fees|
|A1||56 Hours||INR 12500/-||INR 7,600/-|
|A2||56 Hours||INR 12500/-||INR 7,600/-|
|B1||66 Hours||INR 15500/-||INR 12,400/-|
|B2||66 Hours||INR 15500/-||INR 12,400/-|
|C1||66 Hours||INR 17500/-||INR 12,400/-|
|C2||66 Hours||INR 17500/-||INR 13,500/-|
Indian Cities where Henry Harvin provides German Language Courses physically
With 3425+ Google Reviews, 1100+ Youtube Testimonials with 4.5+ Rating Rated on Goabroad, Trustpilot, GoOverseas & more Henry Harvin Education is surely the best choice for you if you are all set to go for a German language course online.
2. Goethe Insitut INDIEN
If you are looking for online group courses in the German language in India then the Online German language course offered by Goethe Institut INDIEN is best suited for you. Their professional and engaging course materials and individual support from teachers help them master the language in a short time period.
Key Features of the course
They have three exclusive courses to offer:-
- Standard and Intensive course covering levels A1 and A2. This is of 8-14 weeks duration offering 20/12 teaching units of 45 minutes each. You will learn in a group the modern language techniques under the guidance of a highly qualified teacher.
- Online group courses covering levels A1, A2, and B1. This is of 17 weeks duration offering 8 live sessions and approximately 10 teaching units of 45 minutes each. You will be able to talk to your group as well as the teacher. The course has a tailored instructional approach.
- German training online that is self-paced and available 24/7. You can access the course materials from anywhere and at any time. This one is a self-guided learning module without a teacher.
3. Udemy (Learn the German Language: Complete German Course – Beginners)
The German language course by Udemy offers you to learn German with a Native Teacher. This is a Beginner’s level course covering levels A1, A2, and A2+ with absolute basic knowledge of the German language. This course provides you with 17 hours of on-demand video tutorials, 58 downloadable resources, full lifetime access to course materials, accessibility on mobile and TV, and a Certificate of completion.
Key Features of the course
- The course is designed to let you learn German grammar and vocabulary with ease
- Gain confidence regarding your German skills at each level with lots of practice after every lesson.
- You will be able to understand and use the everyday expression in German
- Ear training and visual learning mode to improve your listening and German comprehension skills
- Support from a native German-speaking teacher
At the end of the course you will be able to speak real, grammatically correct German fluently, effortlessly and confidently.
Lingoda offers one of the best overall German language courses online. Their language lessons focus on important topics, phrases and vocabulary used by Germans in their daily life. Complex grammar in the German language is made easy by their expert teachers. You will also learn the regional language differences.
Key Features of the course
- Curriculum designed by experts in the language
- Intensive learning modules in small groups
- Their classes consist, of maximum 5 students,
- Get encouragement to speak German in classes
- You can choose which classes you want to take
- Availability of placement assistant
The online German language course by DeutschAkademie is an extensive German language grammar training course. You will get over 800 hours of interactive German learning, 50,000 grammar and vocabulary exercises free of charge and any registration requirement. They also offer a paid German language course online.
Key features of the paid course
- Live online hands-on and interactive classes
- Highly qualified native teachers
- Use of modern software in teaching methods
- A maximum intake of 7–12 students per class
- Money-back guarantee
- Free online tutoring included
6. Rocket German
The online German language course offered by Rocket German institute helps you understand the language and the culture like a local. You will get lifetime access to the course you opt for. This course is designed in such a way that it will perfect your German pronunciation and let you do the on-spot speaking practice.
GermanPod101’s course in the German language offers study tools for rapid learning of the language using short audio and video lessons. If you want to focus on reading, writing, grammar or culture, then this course is suitable for you.
Key features of the course
- You will be provided with word lists, slideshows and flashcards to re-quiz you on words you have learnt. This will help you remember the difficult German words that are hard to memorize.
- Tools to make you understand native conversation
- Voice-recording tools to allow you to practice pronunciation
The video-based German language learning process of FlentU is unique in its own way. The captions in the videos are subtitled and translated into the German language. Clicking on the words will provide in-context definitions and example sentences.
Itallki is an online platform that brings students and tutors together and offers customizable 1-on-1 lessons in their online German language course led by certified teachers. This course is designed in such a way that you can find your own tutor according to your budget and time.
Key takeaways from learning the German language
Check these key takeaways from learning the German language.
- German is the language of academia: It is often said that German is the language for scientists and scientific research works. So far 92 Nobel prizes are awarded to personalities who have done their research work in the German language or created literary works in the same.
- German is the lingua franca of Central and Eastern Europe: One of the 10 most commonly spoken languages in the world, German is the bridge language or the trade language of different European countries whose native languages are different from each other. Hence knowing German makes it easier for you to communicate with Europeans who don’t speak English.
- German is the official language of many European countries: It is the official language of Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Belgium, and Luxembourg and a recognised minority language in Czechia, Hungary, Italy (Trentino), Poland, Romania, Russia, and Slovakia.
- Germany is the land of engineers: Foraspiring engineers who are planning to go to Europe especially to Germany for higher study or fieldwork, having done a German language course, may find it easier to communicate with the natives.
- The similarity in German and English languages: Both originate from the West Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family. They are derived from the same syntactic and phonological system. If you are good at the English language you have an advantage in learning the German language. You do not need to learn any new alphabet like in languages like Chinese Mandarin, Korean, Japanese or Russian. For example, ‘house’ in English becomes ‘haus’ in German, ‘book’ in English becomes ‘buch’ in German, and so on.
- German speakers get job opportunities worldwide: MNCs based in Europe especially Germany have their branches in India also. They prefer candidates who are fluent in the German language. This increases the job opportunities in German and other European countries in India and abroad.
How to choose the right online German language course for you?
Purpose of learning:-
- Travelling:- First and foremost you need to understand why you need to learn the German language. Is it solely for communication purposes? Are you looking for a friendly visit to the land and want to communicate with the locals freely?
- Research work/Academia:- If you are going on a European tour, then a short German language course online that teaches you the pronunciation, conversational German and everyday spoken German will be good enough for you. If you are opting for research purposes of higher study then you may need to know it more extensively. Find a course that offers you in-depth knowledge of the language with experts to guide you and help you pass the different levels
- Business Communication:– Do you want to learn the German language to help your business because you have suppliers or clients in Europe or Germany? A mid-level online German language course will be good enough for you grasp the language well.
- Improve Accent:- If you want to improve your existing German accent then go for a course that allows you to learn the pronunciation correctly and extensively.
- Check the syllabus and course modules thoroughly. Inquire to the respective institution to know in detail what they are offering in the classes. Find out whether the course module suffices your requirements.
Duration of the course:-
- It is of utmost importance to know the duration of the course. If it is too short and packed with a lot of modules or chapters it is always doubtful that the lessons will hardly be imparted properly. You also need to consider how much time you can give to the course if it is too long and stretchy.
- Class size matters when you are a new learner and have a lot of questions while attending the lectures. Always go for a small compact class size in this case. If you are a slow learner and need special attention, then go for a 1:1 ratio classroom teaching. Many German language courses online offer this option to students. However, please keep in mind that larger classes are less expensive.
Number of classes/class duration & time:-
- Choose a course that best fits your time. If you are going for an extensive course make sure the institute is offering you a considerable number of classes to cover all the topics.
Price of the course:-
- Compare prices and course offerings before deciding which online German language curse to avail. Many institutes may claim to offer an affordable price but the course modules may actually be inadequate for your purpose of learning.
- Check what type of study materials the online course is offering. Check with the ex-students of the institution if possible. Make sure they are helpful to you.
Examination System & Certification:-
- Always check whether the institutions are offering valid certification with international acclamation for the online German language course you have chosen.
- Also, make sure that they prepare you for various tests you need to pass in order to get admission into universities for higher study purposes in the German language.
Read the reviews:-
- Go through the reviews given by the ex-students of the institution that you have chosen to do a German language course online. Negative reviews tell a lot about the advantages and disadvantages of the course. It will help you decide whether to opt for it or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
The career scope of Learning the German language is very lucrative because of the increasing number of European companies in India, such as Adidas Marketing, Allianz, Baumuller, Bayer, Bosch Group, Deutsche Bank, Carl Zeiss, etc.
Learning German opens the door to new career opportunities in various industries like engineering, automobile, power, IT, education, medical, pharmaceutical, etc.
A German translator in India earns around ₹ 3.4 Lakhs to ₹ 9.1 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 5.5 Lakhs.